5 years ago in January, TriNimbus was born on the cloud. It’s been a truly awesome roller coaster ride which has brought us to this moment: Happy 5th Birthday TriNimbus!! Let’s take a look at how far we’ve come in 5 years:
2013: A Series of Firsts
- TriNimbus Technologies was founded in Vancouver
- Our first ever AWS User Groups were created on Meetup.com - Hello Vancouver and Toronto!
- We hired our first 5 employees, all of whom are still with TriNimbus today
2014: Building Momentum
- Vancouver Airport Authority and PointClickCare signed on as some of our first clients of 2014 and have been with us ever since - thank you!
- We earned our AWS Advanced Consulting Partner status in Canada
- We added 3 new cities to our AWS User Groups on Meetup.com - Calgary, Montreal, Edmonton
- We bid adieu to the year on a fantastic note signing BC Hydro as our customer
2015: The “Premier” Year
- We established our 24/7 operations with an office in Macedonia
- TriNimbus was named the first AWS Premier Consulting Partner in Canada and we also achieved the DevOps and Big Data competency that showcases our expertise in DevOps
- We planted roots in the East Coast and opened our first office in Toronto
- We hosted our first AWS User Group Meetup in Ottawa
- We hosted our first ever Canadian Executive Cloud and DevOps summit in Toronto to bring the AWS community together
2016: Steady Progress
- We helped 100+ customers to take advantage of AWS tools and services
- The team grew by 70% to 40 staff
- Our Vancouver AWS User Group grows to over 1000 members and we launched our Meetup group in Waterloo
- Our Vancouver Office created CoffeeBot, our IoT coffee machine
- Jarrod Levitan [that’s me :-)] was recognized as an AWS Community Hero
- Goran Kimovski, our Chief Cloud Architect was recognized for his AWS Certification achievement as part of the AWS Executive Recognition program at AWS re:Invent 2016
- We were awarded the APN Certification Distinction for 50+ AWS Certifications, achieved the newly announced AWS Migration Competency, recognized as a launch partner in the AWS Public Sector Partner Program and achieved the AWS Service Delivery Partner status proving our expertise on a variety of AWS services
- Thanks to a successful turn out for our Vancouver and Toronto Cloud and DevOps summits, we were able to begin our partnership with One Girl Can and sponsor a bright young girl’s education in Africa.
2017: 2x Growth Year
- We added customers across Canada and the US including Farm Credit Canada, PointClickCare, Shutterstock, Shaw Communications, Herschel Supply Co, and Buyatab
- We hosted over 50 AWS User Group Meetups across Canada and expanded our footprint to include Victoria and Quebec City!
- As a result of our DevOps summit ticket sales, we were able to support One Girl Can once again and sponsor 2 university scholarships to bring 2 very bright girls in Africa one step closer to becoming a Software Developer and a Software Engineer respectively
- Our team grew by nearly 2x in 2017 with a total of 75 staff including senior level hires
- We established roots in beautiful Montreal with the launch of our new office in Downtown Montreal
- TriNimbus also made the 2017 STARTUP50 Ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in Macleans Magazine!
2018: TriNimbus Hits The Big 5
5 years can fly by so fast when you are having fun! And did we mention that we recently opened our 4th Canadian office in Calgary earlier this year. That makes 5 locations in 5 years!
All of this has been achieved with incredibly smart and hard teamwork and the dedicated support of our amazing customers.
From all of us at TriNimbus, we want to thank YOU - our wonderful customers and partners for a fantastic 5 years. We look forward to continuing to empower our customers to be resourceful, experiment and innovate to drive the change they need in their organizations in 2018 and beyond.