I was reminded very recently about why we do what we do. One of our Solution Architects was just writing an email to the team on the success of a large customer data cluster migration onto AWS. The project had been going on for over a year, with multiple members of our team involved with 2PB+ of data, 30K messages/second and integrated over 20 different technologies. He looked up with tired but sparkled eyes and said “it’s the biggest thing I’ve ever done”. It was a moment of pride for him, having accomplished something so definitive and the substantial learning that went along with it. A moment of pride for us as an organisation, pushing the envelope on large complex projects and really going the distance to enable our customers on the cloud. We gave each other a high five. It felt great.
With the end of the year approaching I feel truly grateful for our awesome TriNimbus team, our amazing customers and partners. Together, we’ve made 2017 a true success.
2017 by the Numbers:
Value Creation for our Customers
- We enabled customers across Canada and the US including Farm Credit Canada, PointClickCare, Shutterstock, Shaw Communications, Herschel Supply Co, Buyatab and many more to innovate and take advantage of AWS and its powerful platform.
Building the Community
- We hosted over 50 AWS User Group Meetups across Canada and expanded our footprint from 7 to 8 cities to include Victoria!
- We successfully hosted our annual Canadian Executive Cloud & DevOps Summits in Toronto and Vancouver. As a result of our ticket sales, we are proud to support One Girl Can this year by continuing to sponsor 2 university scholarships in Africa. This year we were able to help Janet Nyambura move closer to her dream of becoming a Software Developer AND as a bonus, also help Dorcus Kyania become a Software Engineer!
Building a World Class Team
- Our team grew by nearly 2x this year including senior level hires and 17 employees in our Toronto office. We’re finishing the year with a total of 75 staff.
- With the growing team, comes additional locations! We’re proud to establish our roots in beautiful Montreal this year and we have another announcement in the works for early next year - stay tuned!
- And the icing on the (growth) cake was our recognition as one of Canada’s fastest growing startups - TriNimbus made the 2017 STARTUP50 Ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in Macleans Magazine!
Closely Aligned with our Partners
- We announced and have had an amazing uptake for our new service offerings DevOps & DevSecOps together with our partners Alert Logic and Sumo Logic.
- We maintained our AWS Premier Consulting Partner status for 2018 thanks to our team’s continued efforts and customer obsession
We are in an accelerating whirlwind of technological changes. Like nothing the world has seen before. Today in a shanty in Kenya, a self taught programmer can wield the incredible power of the AWS platform to develop a world defining app. We want to empower our customers to be resourceful, experiment and innovate to drive the change they need in their organizations.
We have a lot to be excited about in 2018.
Learn, help, enjoy!